All-in-one EC2 AMI Installation¶
This pages describes how to launch and run an all-in-one image in Amazon’s EC2 environment.
Project Clearwater’s all-in-one node is already available as a pre-built AMI, which can be found in the Community AMIs list on the US East region of EC2. Launching this follows exactly the same process as for other EC2 AMIs.
Before you launch the node, you will need an EC2 keypair, and a security group configured to provide access to the required ports.
To launch the node
- From the EC2 console, make sure you’re in the US East region, then select “Instances” and then “Launch instance”
- Select the “Community AMIs” tab, and search for “Clearwater”
- Press “Select” for the Clearwater all-in-one AMI. Take the most recent version unless you have a good reason not to.
- Choose the Instance Type you require (the node runs fine for basic functional testing on an t2.small)
- From the remaining pages of parameters, the only ones that need to be set are Name (give the node whatever convenient name you wish), keypair and security group.
On the last page, press “Launch”, and wait for the node to be started by EC2.
Running and Using the Image¶
Once the node has launched, you can SSH to it using the keypair you
supplied at launch time, and username
You can then try making your first call
and running the live tests - for these
you will need the signup key, which is
secret. You will probably
want to change this to a more secure value - see “Modifying Clearwater
settings” for how to do this.